Prime Minister Narendra Modi met the US President Donald Trump at the White House today. Here are the key takeaways from their meeting:
1. I have always had a deep admiration for your country and your people, the rich culture and traditions. It’s great honour to welcome the leader of the world’s largest democracy. You have a true friend in the White House…our ties have never been stronger and better, President Trump said at the joint press conference after delegation-level talks.
2. India is the fastest growing economy in the world. We hope we will be catching up you very soon. You have a big vision for improving infrastructure and fighting corruption, President Trump told PM Modi.
3. I am proud to say that PM Modi and I are world leaders in social media.
4. PM Modi invited my daughter Ivanka to lead US delegation to the global entrepreneurship in India, and I believe she has accepted it, Trump said.
5. The security partnership between the US and India is incredibly important. Both our nations have been struck by the evils of terrorism and we are both determined to destroy terrorist organisations and the radical ideology that drives them. We will destroy radical Islamic terrorism, President Trump said.
6. Our talks today are an important moment in the cooperation between our nations. We held talks on wide range of issues pertaining to the India-USA relationship, PM Modi said.